Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am not perfect.....

I feel compelled to share that my meal planning went array this week. It's Wednesday and I am looking in the fridge at leftovers and thinking, "wait, there was supposed to be at least one more unique meal to prepare".
And there was - meatloaf and grilled chicken. But guess what - somehow I either didn't defrost meatloaf fixings or didn't buy them on Friday (duh, where was that on my list!!) and I know what happened to the chicken. The demands of an infant got the chicken (translation = I defrosted it. Intended to prep it on Sunday when we do all of our cooking but didn't get to it. Intended to get to it Monday. Didn't. Go to take care of it Tuesday - snap! I wasted a good chicken. It was bad.)

So I must share not only my super organizational side, but also the episodes where the plan just didn't work. That way I can learn and share with the world.

Next, I was thinking ok - now what. Thank goodness for brilliant ideas like breakfast for dinner. That is what we are having this evening. A combination of freezer and pantry items with fresh staples. Eggs, bacon (pork and turkey), mixed side salad, and cream of buckwheat (GF - and almost like cream of wheat). Quick, easy and with things we had in the house. Evening saved!

No comments: