Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'M Back!

It's been awhile - ok, an unreasonably long time since I have posted!

To my loyal readers, thank you for hanging on and waiting. To my future readers, welcome!

It's been a crazy year and a half since I last blogged. Changes in family (my father passed), official changes in diet (husband is officially a celiac), I am now the proud owner of a VitaMix (Amen!), been dabbling in quite a few other cooking modalities like raw, more ethnic, etc.
It's time I come back and share all this with you.
I am hoping to bring back the weekly menu on Sundays, and then my usual running commentary.
For the non-Silly's (that is the fun name for celiac), don't shy away from the fact that I am posting with food sensitivity stuff here. I am not that gal. And actually, my husband would take over my blog if I got all stuffy and sensitive about it.
Over the past year, we have tried wayyyyy too many store bought gluten free products. Mostly, horrible. Mostly, unreasonably priced. The other problem is when we eat out - there is almost always some hidden source of gluten - so those overwhelming cravings for Indian food have to be satisfied somehow. When we try these things at home- they are great! and for about 1/4 of the cost - After too many examples of this, I just can't not write about this. Other folks must know!
So this is tasty, reasonable, hilarious stuff. Read it.

2 comments:

Cindy Lauren said...

Yessss! I am SO excited because Jeff and I have committed to starting the new year with at least 3 months of no gluten, no dairy and no sugar. Looking forward to your advise, expertise and creativity on the web and in my kitchen. Come help us! ox Lauren

Brenda Ternullo said...

Welcome Back