Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekly Menu 11.14.10

Usually I do most of my planning and cooking on the weekends.
Sometimes, like this weekend, things are just too busy.
So with the little time I have I am going to plan a few basic meals to be able to throw together this week - so I have some options available without heavy lifting.
Just doing basic grilled meats, soups that we have already made and froze and simple salads or sauteed vegetables.
Then, I need to catch up on my fancier stuff next weekend!
We have one dinner this week that is not just us - and I have the perfect idea from a good friend that looks like heavy lifting but is so easy and quick! So we will be able to impress without working too hard.

Sunday
Lamb riblets - simple, grilled with lots of rosemary and garlic and oregano, squirt of lemon on top + a Greek salad spin

Monday
Japanese rice bowl - basically you make an omelette with eggs and then whatever meat (I will be using chicken), and veg (I will be using mushrooms, carrots and sprouts). It's cooked with some tamari sauce and/or udon broth. Then place on a bowl of rice. Satisfying and delish.

Tuesday
Split pea soup (homemade defrosted from freezer)

Wednesday
Duck breast with currant sauce, rice and simple salad (recipe to be posted)

Thursday
Steaks on the grill with sauteed chard and roast fingerling potatoes

Friday
Appetizer night - olives, dolmas, personal gluten free-dairy free 'pizzas'

No comments: